Family October 2015

Family October 2015

Sunday, July 22, 2012

"You were Born"

This post could have been called "48 Hours" but that just didn't sound as joyful! If you haven't heard the Cloud Cult song, "You were Born," it is definitely worth the itunes download and perfect for Hollin's birthday!

I can confidently say Miss Hollin had quite the birth story but a wonderful entrance. Here is an effort to tell her story as brief as possible...

Bubba (my dad) came to Austin to take Jared and I to dinner on Wednesday, the 11th. He must have known Baby Girl was coming soon. At dinner, I looked at Jared and told him that I was timing contractions! Of course, I could only sleep about 2 hours that night. By 4:45am, I woke Jared up saying "I think we are having a baby today" and his response was "Ok, now go back to sleep." :)

Thursday morning, I called Mom and Jill and told them to head to Austin, but the rest of the day dragged on slowly with no progress. At 2:00pm, we decided to go into the doctor's office to see where we were... Since I wasn't dilating, we were told to walk around for an hour and come back to see if anything changed - contractions were 5 minutes apart by 4:30pm but still no change in dilating. So we went home.

By 10pm on Thursday night, I knew what my doctor was talking about when she said that I would KNOW when the contractions were real. I had no idea just how bad contractions could be and it was finally "go time" at 2:30am.

We got admitted to the hospital and all hooked up but were told by 4:00am that I STILL wasn't dilating... Luckily, the wonderful Seton nurses gave me some pain and sleep medicine and told me that they would check again at 7:00am. And thank the Lord, I was finally dilated to a 3! Best news ever - "Now can I get an epidural!?"
The rest of the morning was going smoothly. Pain meds kicked in leading to peaceful sleep, water broke and started to dilate a little more each hour.

4:00pm, I was dilated to an 8, but for the next four hours there wasn't any more progress - only an increased temperature and an infection in the uterus called chorio. Baby girl just didn't seem to want to join us yet, but she didn't have much choice. Dr. Binford, the on call physician, came in around 8:15 and said it was time for a C-section. By that time, I was just happy that I didn't have to push and Baby W would be in my arms soon!!

Hollin Marie Whitson was born at 9:16pm on Friday, July 13th, 2012, weighing 7lb 13oz and measuring 21 inches long!




And she is absolutely perfect!!




1 comment: